Our approach to helping veterans
Our program is here to support you in dealing with the psychological conditions that can come with military service, especially combat duty. In serving the mental health needs of veterans since 1975, we bring a unique depth and breadth of experience, expertise and programming to southern Minnesota.
Our supportive, nonjudgmental environment fosters healing and equips you with the skills you need to cope and thrive in daily life.
Our veterans mental health services
We support our Veteran clients by partnering with Minnesota County Veteran Service Officers, case managers, treating medical providers, lawyers, and other professionals. We also offer consulting, psychological assistance, and expert witness testimonies for court cases that involve Veteran readjustment issues, such as PTSD, to assist in settling criminal charges.
- Psychological counseling
- Individual and group therapy
- PTSD treatment
- Family and spousal education and support
- Tailored psychological treatment approaches
- Coordinated care with the regional VA Medical Centers
- Evaluations to determine if and how military service has affected mental health conditions or readjustment concerns
We also offer psychological evaluations for mental health service-related claims. This often takes the form of exams for veterans who have been misevaluated, are seeking second opinions, or have atypical symptoms. Our clinic is nationally sought out for this service.
We have a variety of coverage and payment options for veteran services. For individual and group sessions, we accept private insurance, Employee Assistance Programs, VA Community Care, Tricare, and private pay on a sliding scale.
Mental health resources for military service members
In addition to the care you receive at our clinic, you can access additional mental health resources for Veterans and military service members. Here are some of the resources our psychologists and therapists refer patients to:
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America – http://www.adaa.org/
- House of Hope – https://houseofhopemn.com/
- Minneapolis VA Health Care System – https://www.minneapolis.va.gov/
- Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans – http://mac-v.org/
- Minnesota Association County Veterans Service Officers – http://www.macvso.org/
- National Center for PTSD – http://www.ptsd.va.gov/
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs – http://www.va.gov/
- Vietnam Veterans of America – http://www.vva.org/
- Wounded Warrior Project – http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/